make this christmas extra special
Terms & Conditions
Please read before booking!
Skaters and spectators visiting Sunderland Ice Rink understand and agree to the following:
- All persons using the rink do so at their OWN RISK! The event organiser shall not be liable for any loss or injury.
- By engaging in skating, all skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of, and assume the risks of skating which include, but are not limited to:
- Injuries that result from contact or collision with other skaters or individuals on the rink
- Injuries that result from falls
- Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are within the properly intended path of travel of the skater
- The event organiser reserves the right to refuse admission to the ice rink and/or the venue and shall be entitled to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of all visitors.
- The event organiser shall be entitled to request visitors to leave the venue at any time, with no refund. The event organiser shall be entitled to remove anyone from the venue who is, or who appears to be, under the influence of drugs or alcohol or who in the reasonable opinion of the event organiser is conducting themselves in a manner inappropriate to their continued attendance.
- Whilst we do not have a minimum age requirement, all children using the rink must be able to walk (except in the case of wheelchair skaters). Children 12 years and under must be accompanied on site by an adult. Children under the age of nine must be accompanied by an adult on the ice. Children aged 4 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times whilst on the ice rink. Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied on the ice by an adult *Children aged 10-12 must be supervised by an adult rink side
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes), eating and drinking are prohibited on the ice rink for health and safety reasons.
- The use of photographic and recording equipment or mobile phones is prohibited on the ice rink for health and safety reasons.
- All tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue and licensing laws.
- Tickets cannot be resold, exchanged, refunded or transferred. To do so or to alter or deface any ticket will render it void. It is the patron’s responsibility to check his or her tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- The event organiser will not be responsible for any tickets which are lost or stolen.
- The ticket holder has a right only to a session of the value corresponding to that stated on the ticket.
- Each session is one hour long. Ticket holders will not be permitted to continue skating once their allocated session is over.
- The event organiser is not liable if the visitor arrives late for any reason and misses their session. The event organiser is not obliged to refund the ticket or reallocate a new session time.
- In the event any session is cancelled or curtailed refunds will only be given if such cancellation or curtailment occurs less than 30 minutes after the start of the session in which case ticket holders will be offered alternative sessions (subject to availability).
- Skating is an all-weather activity and no refunds shall be granted due to bad weather unless the manager deems the ice to be dangerous to skate on. Bad weather includes snow, rain, wind and warm weather which may result in some surface water that may get you wet. We advise that waterproof clothing be worn or a change of attire for after skating.
- By entering the site visitors consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as visitors attending Sunderland Ice Rink, and to publicise the event in the future.
- The event organiser accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or theft of any personal property that occurs whilst ticketholders are at the event, on any part of the site, or in any part of the event site or structures.
- In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions imposed by any ticket agency, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- Sunderland ice-rink is a leisure / family-friendly / amateur rink and figure skaters are not permitted to do jumps or spins, as this activity is dangerous for the other skaters.
Satisfactory safety equipment is recommended to be worn by all participants regardless of skill level; including gloves, helmets, wrist guards, ‘bum’ pads and knee pads
We want you to have a safe and happy experience, but it is an ice rink made out of frozen water, all skaters participate at their own risk.
All individuals are responsible for their own actions (where supervised by parents and guardians they are responsible) – any direct or indirect causing of accidents or risk to other participants can have legal and financial consequences for the responsible individual.
Management reserve the right to refuse, restrict and/or limit entry in the interest of safety and to ensure a positive skating experience for all participants!
All items and personal belongings that are in the ice rink area (including shoes) are left there at your own risk.
If anyone behaves generally in a manner that is endangering themselves or impacting negatively the experience of other people, the Duty Manager will ask them to leave.
Food, drinks, cigarettes and/or alcohol are not allowed on the ice. Persons under the influence of alcohol must not skate – and if we notice will not be allowed on the ice.
If you, or someone with you, has an accident please tell an ice marshal immediately.
Tickets are valid only on the time specified.
Family ticket: 2 adults and 2 children, or 1 adult and 3 children. A minimum of 1 adult (parents and guardians) is required.
Pre-booked tickets still need to be registered at the Ticket Office on arrival and a skate hire tokens will be issued
To keep things moving (and safe) on the rink, please skate anti-clockwise.
Please don’t throw ice/snow balls (will get you sent off).
Only skaters are allowed on the ice (except ice rink officials).
Please don’t join hands with friends/family – it can result in accidents for you and others!
Our ice marshals are friendly and are there to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible. Feel free to ask them for advice and should they ask you to do something please listen and act accordingly.
If you have email tickets or you are the group organiser, please bring a printout of your confirmation letter with you on the day.
If you have booked in advance (groups and parties), please arrive in good time. Sorry, but if you’re late we may not be able to get you on the ice.
As space in the dedicated viewing area is limited, it’s for parents and guardians supervising their children only – sorry.
If the ice rink closes due to bad weather, we will do our very best to reschedule your visit to a date of your choice. But no refunds will be given – Sorry.
Skates are provided; you are welcome to use your own skates but we can’t offer a discount if you do – sorry!
If you leave the rink and hand in your skates, you have to buy another ticket to skate again
FINALLY- PHOTOS TAKEN BY OUR TEAM
Whilst skating at Sunderland Ice Rink we may take photos which will be used on our social media pages to promote the event. Should we post an image online which you wish to have removed you will need to email us at email@example.com and it is at our discretion IF we will remove this.
If you have any questions please check out our Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t find the answer you’re looking for, please complete the form on our contact page and we will get back you ASAP